Sunday, July 3, 2016

Health and Fitness

I'll be 51 in August, and I have let myself go a bit too much over the years... I'm not going to belabor the point, but I'm heavier than I should be, I don't get enough exercise, my blood pressure is too high, and my triglycerides need to come down quite a bit.

In order to try and live a bit healthier lifestyle -- after all, in addition to my grown children I have a 9 year old and a 4 year old, and I'd like to be around to see them graduate -- I've come to a few decisions.

#1 -- I'm going to exercise more.
#2 -- I'm eliminating all alcohol from my diet. No more booze, no more beer.
#3 -- I'm eliminating all soft drinks from my diet.
#4 -- I'm going to eliminate white bread from my diet.
#5 -- I'm going to eat as little red meat as possible.

I'll keep you updated. Wish me luck.  


No comments:

Post a Comment