Sunday, September 20, 2015

Dogs


We share our small Dayton house with a menagerie. At this moment, under our roof you'll find me and Beth, as well as our two children, three dogs, two cats, and a yellow-collared macaw named Gabby.

My wife the wildlife rehabber, the Racoon Mama, God bless her, has no wild animals she's caring for right now, so she's decided to foster dogs through a local rescue. Meaning we'll have dogs coming into the house from shelters, and we'll keep them until a suitable "forever home" can be found for them.

It boggles the mind.

This would be foster #1 -- Savannah, who is just as sweet as can be, even though she has few teeth and her tongue hangs out of her mouth occasionally. Very cool dog, and I'm sure there will be no problems finding a good home for her.

Actually, I love animals, just as my wife and kids do. I give her a hard time, but I wouldn't want her or our house to be any other way.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment